March Studies Update at the Centre
The young ladies in the Centre are doing well and working hard. The JSS classes are learning about:
- multiplication in Mathematics,
- prepositions in Language Art, and
- types of energy in Integrated Science.
The SSS classes are working on:
- double entry in Financial Accounting,
- simplification in Mathematics,
- Reading including newspapers and magazines in English Language and
- prepositions in Language Art
The SSS class are also learning history - discussing the formation of Krios and Fullahs in Sierra Leone. For the Krios, their composition starts in the 1800’s - after the Abolition of Slave Trade. This was followed by the acquisition of lands promised after leaving America and Europe. The Fullahs came from Fouta Djallon, which is in what is now Guinea, and settled in every part of the country but with majority on the north. They migrated into what is now Sierra Leone with a motive to established trade links and to teach the Islamic faith to others. Today the Krios and the Fullahs made up of a least of 5% of the total population in Sierra Leone.